Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day: What's the Best Beauty Lesson You've Learned From Your Mom?

The biggest beauty lesson my mom taught me, is that I’m beautiful. At the end of the day, nothing makes a woman more beautiful, then the belief that she is beautiful. And if anything, that’s what I hope to inspire with my blog.  Then there were some other useful beauty tricks!!



I remember as a little girl I was always fascinated watching my mom get ready to go out.
My mom used to style and straighten her hair without heat!! Way healthier for hair, she would let her hair air dry in a hairdo that was then very popular among Israeli women - Abuagela. Here’s how you do it: Divide freshly washed and combed hair into two even sections. Lift the left section and wrap it over your head, across the right section. Coil it around your head and secure it in several places with hairpins. Lift the right section and wrap it over your head in the other direction, securing it in several places with pins. When your hair is completely dry, remove the pins and voila -  brush your hair straight.

My mom has been using Cover Girl Lipsticks Lipgloss in Daring for years, bringing a stash to Israel every visit to America. It’s a very sheer moisture rich lipstick that adds just a hint of red tint. She uses it on it’s own or under a red lipstick to soften lips first so lipstick goes on smoothly after.

Your turn! In celebration of Mother's Day, what's the best beauty lesson your own leading lady has taught you over the years??

Happy Mother’s day,
I love you Ema!!

No comments:

Post a Comment