Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Silky Hair Concoction (Literally!!)

I'm a girl who loves her hair serums. They keep my hair healthy, despite the harshness of highlights and frequent abuse of heat styling for work on set.

Because of my involvement in the cosmetic filed, I can get a stash of free hair serums from different companies, but I would never replace this little recipe that completely transformed my hair. It has the ability to change my hair texture from damaged and frizzy to soft and silky, without being oily, only shiny. And the scent is dreamy!!

 

Sometimes the Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts 

Biosilk soften like no other,  while So Sexy kicks all other shine serums I've tried to the curb, but together - together they are completely unmatched!!

Biosilk, Silk Therapy Hair Serum is made with Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk; an esterified version of small units of silk proteins (from silk worm cocoons). Regular esters are amphoteric - they can be positive or negative in products - whereas these esters are always positive, or cationic, which means they have a high affinity to our negatively charged hair. Thus, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk form a film on the hair, which have a sealing effect; filling in cracks in the hair shaft, binding in moisture, and making the shaft feel smooth. They replenishes, reconstructs, repair, smooth, and protect hair, making it TRULY silky soft.



Victoria Secret's So Sexy Smoothing Hair Serum is a thin silicone oil hair serum. It's consistency is runnier than other products of this type, which is great because it translates to feeling light in the hair adding glossy shine whiteout being oily. It gives my hair a great sheen as it provides leave-in moisture.

I mix small amounts of both of in my palms and apply on wet hair, let it air dry, and then apply more before working using hot tools to style. The result is satiny strands with a deep glossy shine that somehow manage to make my fried hair feel really healthy.

And the scent …oh so very sexy!!

The pair blend into a vibrant and sensuous aroma, like a perfume for my hair and the smallest breeze or shift of my hair makes its presence known. It is fresh and sweet at the same time. Clean, yet sensual and alluring.

Biosilk, Silk Therapy Hair Serum is like a high end musk, yet refreshing, light, clean and powdery. Victoria Secret's So Sexy is like florals swimming in a bath of cucumber musk water. It's a mixture of light white musk, fresh peony, crisp cucumber and a hint of freesia.

Together it's a blend of floral, musky, ozonic, aquatic and green accords, that smell like sex on hot summer days, sex in the shower. Clean and very fresh aquatic floral, yet sophisticated and sweet.

Wishing you a fabulous hair day,


No comments:

Post a Comment