Friday, February 21, 2014

Enhancing Your Lips With a Hue that's All Your Own. No, Really. It's (Almost) Magic.

I love natural, seamless makeup - the kind that looks like I'm barely wearing anything, yet transforms me into a more radiant version of myself with an invisible wash of color; as if "I rolled out of bed looking flawless".

I consider tints a pretty strong weapon in my arsenal. They make your lips look more luscious than usual, but since their pretty close to your natural lip color, people probably wouldn't notice it in person. It will just seem like your lips look extra lovely that day. Sneaky, ha?! ;)

Thus, when 'intuitive lip colors' started flooding the market, I got so excited I had to check them ALL out. Not kidding, my collection screams addict, LOL!! They go on clear, but then change color, in what advertiser's claim to be a response to your unique pH level, creating a customized pink shade that's most flattering to you.

How Dior Addict Lip Glow Looks on My Lips
Yes! The concept is so genius, it's unbelievable- so I had to get down to the bottom of it for some reality check. The main ingredient that provides the effect is a colorant known as “Red 27,” a red dye which is colorless when dissolved in a waterless base. When it comes in contact with moisture, the change in solubility and pH causes the dye to turn bright pink.  The product appears to change with your personal chemistry because the color changes when it comes in contact with moisture from your lips, or even just the humidity in the air. The color isn't really that "personalized", but the lower the pH, the pinker and more intense the color, so it's not a generic shade of pink either.

The Results: are stunning in my opinion; the color comes to life and glow anywhere from a sheer light pink to a gorgeous bright pink, but in a sheer form that looks as natural as the tint you might have after eating fresh berries.
    •  It's great for a date night , since date won't worry about kissing you and getting bright
       color everywhere.
    •  It's a perfect neutral lipsticks that goes with basically any makeup look.
    •  Great for when you are out in the sun and don't want to look made-up.
    •  Fool- proof application
Doutzen Kroes demonstrating the look for L'oreal. L'oreal Magique BB Blush. Dior Addict in Glow. Madina Milano in Revolution

My favorite is Dior Addict (hmm..they predicted I would become an addict, ha?!) in Lip Glow, because it's more a lighter pink that you can control by applying more layers- the more layers or moisture you add the brighter it becomes. Loreal Paris Magic BB Blush a brighter option if I want more of a rosy flush, and Madina Milano glows brilliantly.

Pink Kisses,


  

No comments:

Post a Comment