Saturday, February 8, 2014

Life Changing Experience.... in a Beauty Regimen Kind of a Way

Going to a Koren SPA and getting a scrub was a life changing experience (in a beauty regimen kind of a way). I used to think I exfoliated perfectly using either a loofah or my beloved Dead Sea Salt scrubs. I am a scrub addict, so considering I exfoliate regularly, I could never imagine how MUCH dead skin came off during the scrub. I'm talking about thick layers (and layers!!) rolling up into grey ropes. I was hooked!! So obviously I had to find a way to be able to do this at the privacy of my own home, aside from the SPA visits (did I mention I'm a SPA addict?!).






The mitt is made of 100% viscose, and is highly abrasive, so prepare my skin for the exfoliation process, I always take a shower first, then enjoy soaking in a hot bath to soften the skin.

The spray does wonders at softening the skin even more, preparing it for the mitt but you can simply use a soap and get good results. I use the 'Hamo Hamo Aqua Peeling Spray' that I got at Korea Town. Searching online you might be able to find a coupon for this spray, but generally it's hard to find so another option, recommended by actress Jamie Chung (The Hangover 2&3) is 'Organic Mineral Peel Body' "I love Korean spas for their body scrubs. At home I use this peel to keep skin soft and smooth", in an interview for Cosmopolitan magazine. 

One scrub mitt can last for quite a long time. Just make sure to wash and dry it well after using. The color represents how abrasive the mitt and different companies vary with the coloring system so make sure to look for a softer one at first as a strong one can be sandpaper-like texture.


Wishing you soft skin!!


No comments:

Post a Comment